Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Exotic Newcastle car photography


































































I was recently commissioned to document a local million dollar collection of rare cars. Here are 5 examples from that exhausting shoot.

No, hang on that's not right, the truth is I thought I'd do some table top photography using 30 cm long die cast car models.

I used one tungsten light, a piece of glass for reflection and a black background.

The trick is use high quality miniatures. In other words try to choose something that doesn't scream "I'm a toy !" at you.

Why go to all this trouble? you ask, my answer, it's all practice. Hours of fiddling around with miniatures, bad reflections and back drops is all just practice.

Practice for when I do photograph that local million dollar car collection. All of the technical requirements are similar, just on a larger scale.

No comments: